Devon County Council is responsible for looking after our public highways and footways.  If you notice a problem, on a highway or footway, such as a pothole, fallen tree, defective road markings or signs, overhanging vegetation, street lights not working properly etc. the quickest way to report the issue is to use the Devon County Council ‘Report a Problem’ page.  You can also track an existing problem on this page as well.  It’s quick and easy to use.

Please note, if you are reporting an emergency that requires immediate attention, please call us on 0345 155 1004. An emergency on the highway is defined as something that is very likely to present an imminent threat to life or serious injury or serious damage to property.